Friday 1 May 2015

Photography: Do Not Forget Me by Eva Carraro

Rating: 4/5
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am pleased to say that we finally have a photograph to discuss on.

As soon as I saw this piece, I was intrigued. The artist or photographer (Whatever term you may like to use) was Eva Carraro, who's Google Page can be seen here. Make sure you follow her and you show your appreciation for this fantastic piece of art.

Before I saw this photo, I planned to do another piece on a different piece of art I saw on-line, but I decided to go about and trawl and see if I could see any artist that may have been inspired by something and decided to make a piece. This took me to the Google pages where artists gather and share pieces of art and compliment each other. I got here and eventually saw Ms Carraro's masterful piece, as shown below:

Do Not Forget Me by Eva Carraro
This piece kinda brought chills to me. At first, I believed that it was an ACTUAL piece of painting/drawing (And if it was it would have been even more amazing), but it brought me back not just to recent personal experiences but also other recent events that have happened around the world or just events that we have recently celebrated. These are such as the Nepal earthquake (Pray for them and if you can donate here - there are different ways you can donate) or the remembrance of the 40 years after the Vietnamese War.

The title of the piece was VERY appropriate and Ms Carraro, did a beautiful job, using everything at her disposal. If you are wondering the image is of Ms Carraro herself. Her face is illuminated, it stands out. This is ironically to us a reminder that we remember each other (As humans) mainly through face recognition. Her face is enhanced by the dark-shadowy parts around her face and her hair. But the sad part that we also have to recognise is her facial expression. Her facial expression is almost disappointed with a tint of expressionlessness (Through the way her eyes are looking at whoever is admiring this piece). I think the story that this piece is telling me is that, the character here has given someone advice and they've decided not to take it and ignore the character. As things get worse for the other involved individual, the character in this piece is simply disappointed. She is asking for nothing but simply that they: "Do not forget her [me]". The blue curtain (On the left hand side of her face) tell us that there is hope for her remembrance, as it it the main characteristic in the piece, that removes the dark "shadowy" attribute that was engrossing her main facial features.
I also need to touch on the (Her left) [Your] Right side of her face. As you can see clearly, (If you can) her face is distorted. It is like her face is being taken away. Taken away. Think about it. The title is "Do Not Forget Me". Once something is taken away from someone, if it was of any importance they'd find it hard to forget it, meanwhile if it lacked importance they'd instantly forget it. The piece is challenging us. Is it of any importance? We will forget it? We will forget what's important? Again, the facial expression is telling us to show some persistence and MAKE it important.

It's quite funny, because as you go along the comments section, I saw all the lovely, great and exceptional comments that were given to the artist, such as: "Awesome" or "Beautiful work" which are all encouraging. But one comment (Or should I say part of a comment) caught my eye and it was: "A ghost", the artist just instantly goes to remind the other individual that "I can assure you that I am made of flesh and bones ....." . I'm pretty and most definitely sure that I will not forget her any time soon - And you readers should make sure that you shouldn't too.

I rated this piece of art simply because, first of all - I loved it. The message is simple and clear and should instantly get across to you, without any lingering questions. I just wanna stare at it and try to fit" this piece into my own life. How does it match to my life? That's the first question I asked myself when I saw it and art pieces that can do that are quite incredible in my view.

Thank you to the artist herself: Ms Carraro, who should take a bow for this beautiful piece of work, any inquiries please contact her and I would suggest you to follow her and check out any future pieces of art that she'll put out.

Hopefully, she remembers to allow me to critique it/comment on it :D

Guys follow me, on Google+ and on Twitter: @Kigen_Art, if you wish me to review any piece of art email me.

2 comments:

  1. much ado about nothing; any of her works is better than this. what expression? I see no Afghan girl here; you are reading from your own life, you are projecting for some personal reason that we don't know
    I don't get you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get you.
      I critiqued this piece of art. Why don't you create your own blog describing it?
      Also, I am definitely not reading it from my life, give me quotes showing where I have done this.... Also all of this is pointless as the artist expressed her gratitude.

      Last but not the least, this is the only piece which I paid a lot of attention to.

      Thank you.

      Delete