Sunday 19 October 2014

Starting Out...

Storytellers

Irises by Van Gogh
I've loved art ever since I was a young child and as I grew up I've loved different forms of art, from Van Gogh to Akira Toriyama.

Obviously as you get more into it, it becomes clearer as to how they work and how the artists work and you begin to appreciate the level that they are working at and how much time and money is spent into making their pieces of art.

Manga and Anime are both kinda different to just traditional art though. It's more like trynna infuse the artists storytelling skills and bringing them to ACTUAL life. Don't get me wrong but traditional art does this too - But not like Mangas and Animes. For traditional art you need to kick-start your thought process for that to happen - and most people stop this as soon as they get to a certain age or rediscover their love for such an art, meanwhile, Manga/Anime simply tells you: "Join me my friend" and asks you to sit down at its table and listen. Listen to the morals of its stories that it is about to tell. 

I hope you guys and Art lovers don't just look at the pictures because of the cliche that they are "sick", but because it is trying to tell us a story and it is trying to teach us.

Man, I can't tell all of you how much I love Manga (And Basketball! :p), but its taught me so much, and I've been watching/reaing it since I was a toddler (7-8 at most!) loving such as Ultimate Muscle, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Bleach, Naruto and let's not forget the powerhouse that brought Manga/Anime out: DragonBall!

I hope you enjoy the stories they are trying to tell us and enjoy my illustrations (Watch out for this in my inkblazers page: http://www.inkblazers.com/authors-and-artists/princexvii/detail-page/161466) and hopefully - maybe - with some inspiration, I'll start incorporating into this Manga business.

Peace Out,

PrinceXVII
Ultimate Muscle

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the amauterish outlook - This ill be fixed as soon as guys! In the meanwhile - keep enjoying!

    ReplyDelete